When you’re a new vegetarian, or even a longtime vegetarian like me, searching for recipes can be frustrating. You just want to find some vegetarian recipes with simples ingredients, but a lot of the recipes out there include insanely specialized ingredients that certainly wouldn’t be sitting around in your kitchen or pantry. These ingredients may be hard to find without going to a speciality store. Making mouthwatering meals does NOT have to be that hard! So with the help of some other bloggers, I’ve put together 18 vegetarian recipes with simple ingredients for you!
VegetArian Staples to Keep in Your Pantry
The next time you restock your pantry, be sure you pick up these vegetarian staples. You’ll be able to find tons of vegetarian recipes with these simple ingredients:
- Beans — you can use chickpeas and black beans in tons of ways, but any kind of bean will do
- Grains — rice, quinoa, pasta, couscous, or whatever your favorite is
- Canned Tomatoes — so many time-saving vegetarian recipes use canned tomatoes as a base
- Peanut Butter — not just for toast! Lots of great sauces and stews incorporate peanut butter. Cashew and almond butter work great too.
- Coconut Milk — if you haven’t experienced how amazing coconut milk is give it a try. My favorite is veggies over black rice mixed with coconut milk.